Friday, January 9, 2009

Welcome to "Licensing your Music"

Hi Folks,
This is the very first installment of "Licensing your Music". A blog presented by MyMusicSource.com and dedicated to educating artists and musicians on the art of licensing your music for commercial usage, and other ways of creating financial success in the music business.

Each week when I am not traveling, I will post to this blog on a subject related to licensing, or music business and hope that you will ask questions, or pass along your own experiences.

This Sunday I leave for my third trip to Ukraine to adopt 2 girls. I will have alot of time so we'll start then.

Michael Redman
MyMusicSource.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your expertise. I look forward to having some of the mysteries explained about licensing my music.
    The one question I have is really on the other side of your topic but maybe you could cover it at some later date. I would like to know an easy way to find out who and how much to pay to record a song that is owned by someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While unrelated, congrats on the adoption! We adopted our youngest daughter from Ukraine in 2002...

    ReplyDelete